Re: V4L OpenSUSE 10.3 compilation

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Has anyone built v4l on openSuse 10.3? I'm having issues with the build
> finding the kernel headers despite kernel source being installed. It
> seems to assume /lib/modules/2.6.22.12-0.1-default/build/include/linux
> when they are in /usr/include/linux

Yes, been there, done that ...

I found a reference to "prepare the kernel source" somewhere on the web, which told me to
> cd /usr/src/linux
> make cloneconfig
> make modules_prepare
(probably as root)
after that, no more compilation problems

this assumes of course that you did in fact install the kernel sources

before that, I had done from the OpenSuse support site :
> cd /lib/modules/kernelversion/build
> mv include include.bak
> ln -s /usr/src/linux include
but didn't seem to help, it's 'preparing the kernel source' that did the trick
maybe you need to do both, though ...

success !

Luc

ps since I nuked my 10.3 install yesterday to check my cards under W2K, I'm posting this from notes
I'll re-check after having installed the dual-boot ...