Re: DIB 7070P reported as DIB 7000PC

Hi again,

DiB7000PC is the DVB-T demodulator, DiB0070 is the RF tuner. They are put
into one package which is called DiB7070P.

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Yousef Lamlum wrote:
> My DVB device (Artec T14BR) uses the DiBcom 7070P frontend, however
> v4l-dvb is reporting the device as being based on a 7000PC frontend.
>
> The device still works, however the tuner does not seem anywhere near as
> sensitive as the MT2060 in my now deceased Freecom device. In fact
> running scan just results in filter timeouts, which means I end up
> having to use my old channels.conf as produced by my Freecom stick (RIP).
>
> Can anyone shed any light on why the device might be reporting itself as
> having a 7000 frontend? And might this be related to the relatively poor
> tuner sensitivity?

There is a bug in the LinuxTV driver for this receiver, which I was not
yet able to fix... This fix improved dramatically the sensitivity....

I will try to provide something as soon as possible.

best regards,
Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx