Re: Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Diversity - 2001e version?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Tomas Blaha wrote:
> However nowadays, different version called 2001e is saled under the same
> name. (On the official pages there is even newer version showed with dark
> case.)
>
>    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+%28DVB-S_DVB-T%29/PCTV+Dual+DVB-T+Diversity+Stick.htm
>
> My question is: Will it work? Does someone have an experience with this
> version?
>
> I have downloaded windows drivers from:
>
>    http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/PCTV%20Drivers/ReadmePCTV.htm
>
> and after looking into it, PCTVDiB.inf states, that it is driver for
>
> * PCTV 2000e
> * PCTV 2001e
> * PCTV DVB-T Flash Stick
>
> and there is only one driver file mod7700.sys assigned to all three
> versions. Does that mean, that existing driver (after adding new USB
> IDs to the kernel) will work with this stick? Should I buy it and try, or
> am I completly wrong?

mod7700.sys is the driver-file created by DiBcom which has support for all
DiBcom reference designs. If the device is using that, it will most likely
work with LinuxTV-drivers.

It could be, that the 2001e is compatible with the STK7070PD ref-design.
Meaning that you "just" need to put the USB-IDs in the right place and it
should work.

regards,
Patrick.