Re: DViCO Dual Digital 4 and remote

Bonne Eggleston wrote:
> On 11/15/07, Robert Backhaus <robbak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Two questions:
> 1. Some keys do not generate an event (I've been testing it using
> xev). Does anyone know how to get all keys to work (an example is the
> "DVD" key)

I can't recall if this is expected, or necessary.  See next response.

> 2. Has anyone gone and mapped the keycodes to their equivalents? I
> would normally do it using Xmodmap, but there's probably a better way.
> I'll do it if noone else already has, but no need to duplicate work ;)

Once you have your input device working correctly, just attach lirc to
the event device with the 'dev/input' lirc driver and use it like a
regular remote - this gives you far more power, and should allow you to
map all the buttons.  Just follow a tutorial for the DD2 and you should
be pretty much there.