Re: Initial tuning file fi-3KTV DVB-C

Christoph Pfister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (sorry for the late reply)
no problem :)

> Am Dienstag 13 November 2007 schrieb Antti Palosaari:
>> hello
>> There is file containing reference channels used in 3KTV networks around
>> the Finland. There is about 20 3KTV networks but all didn't use exactly
>> same channel list for reason or other.
>>
>> Now there is fi-Rauma and fi-Salo that contains same channels, should
>> those removed?
>
> If 3KTV is the provider meant with those files, yes. If it's
> just "coincidence" that a different provider uses the same initial params, no
> (to ensure that you can adjust stuff independently when something changes in
> future). Afair fi-Salo contains the network operated by SSP (Salon Seudun
> puhelin), so as long as that isn't the same as 3KTV (due to a renaming etc
> etc) fi-Salo shouldn't be removed. Dunno about fi-Rauma ...
hmm, that whole 3KTV / Finnet / local operators situation wasn't clear
for me some time back, thats why I send fi-Salo...

* 3KTV is cable network operator owned by Finnet.
* Finnet is union of the few local operators
* SSP, Salo, is local operator
* Lännen Puhelin, Rauma, is local operator
* Oulun Puhelin, Oulu, is local operator

I am not sure how it exactly goes, but I think local networks are owned
by local operators, but channel feed (and reference settings) are coming
from 3KTV. Most local operators uses just those reference channel maps
given by 3KTV. But there is still some who not, from reason or other.
Looks like Oulu, Kuopio, Lohja and Kotka are deviating from 3KTV
reference settings. From this situation, correct way to do this is
adding files for fi-3KTV, fi-Oulu, fi-Kuopio, fi-Lohja and fi-Kotka. I
think I will make and send initial tuning files for these missing ones
using channel map that differs from the reference.

There is old and very readable channel map for clarify this situation:
http://www.lumonetti.fi/export/download/kanavanippujen_taajuudet310806.PDF

And if this is not fuzzy enough, I can say that for example Oulun
Puhelin and Lännen Puhelin are not members of the Finnet anymore... They
  and some more just left Finnet union and are now known as dna.

Regards
Antti Palosaari