Re: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Express?

ras243-dvb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi dvb list,
>
> I'm in need of another dual tuner card and am currently debating between
> getting another DD4 or getting one of the newer PCIe cards.  Can anyone confirm
> that the PCIe Dual Express works with linux (negative responses also helpful)?
> I would ideally prefer to go the PCIe path but given the amount of time I have
> already spent getting the DD4 working in Australia I would prefer not to have
> to do it again for a PCIe variant without some hope of being successful.
> Failing an affirmative does anybody in Australia have a card they're willing to
> loan me for a few weeks to see if I can get it going?

DVB-T Dual Express is not yet supported.

Some people have been emailing me privately about this  --  too many people for me to respond to... Hopefully they'll see this message.

There is a new xceive driver in the master branch, but it's lacking a dvb entry point at this time... Once that's done, it will pave the way for cx23885 + xc3028 device support.  After support for the Hauppauge HVR1500 (atsc only) is added, it will be easier to add support for other cx23885 + xc3028 devices, such as the DViCO DVB-T Dual Express.

A while back, I was sending out test patches that used the xc3028-fe module, from the infamous xc-bluebird.patch ...  I am no longer going to bother with this method, since there finally is an xceive driver in the master development branch.

Once the xceive dvb entry point is ready, I (or Chris) will re-spin the Dual Digital 4 / DVB-T Nano2 support to use the new tuner module.

Things are moving along...

-Mike