Re: Pinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate Stick

mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Jeff Rosenberg wrote:
>
>> The Pinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate stick just came out (a couple of weeks
>> ago).
>>
>> I looked in the Windoze .inf files and it appears that the drivers
>> used are the same for the PCTV HD Pro and PCTV HD Ultimate.  I looked
>> in the developmental build of DVB and saw that in the file
>> em288x-cards.c there was the correct USB_DEVICE # of 0x2304 but the
>> next value was not 0x0233.  I changed it and recompiled.
>>
>> When the driver loads it now has the following message in the kernel
>> buffer log:
>>
>> FIXME:em28xx_i2c_send_bytes(c2): write failed:
>>

>> Any ideas ?  I am pretty sure the correct driver is the em28xx.
>>

> As both Patrick and Markus explained, this device is not empia hardware,
> and the code that supports it is located inside dib0700_devices.c --
> you'll want to edit dvb-usb-ids.h
>
> Also, please do not top-post.

However, Jeff will still need xc5000 support .... the dib0700 is purely
the usb bridge .... while, I'm guessing that the stick uses a xc5000, I
believe that it is indeed a pretty safe bet (given other factors)

> Interesting... In which case, then I'm probably wrong, and it's not an
> xc5000.  Do you know WHICH dibcom tuner?  Is it a 7070?

It definitely won't be from Dibicom --- no support for ATSC

> Hi-res digital photos are always helpful  :-)   If you can take photos,
> please post them to a website (like bttv-gallery) and post links here.

Jeff, if you take a photo, could you please up load it to the LinuxTV wiki:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Special:Upload
(Please also use an appropriate filename)

If you wish to submit it too bttv-gallery too, go ahead, but
i) as was noted on the m/l last month, Gunther (bttv-gallery's
proprietor) hasn't been around for ages
ii) doing so alone would continue the trend of a fractured distribution
of information regarding Linux & PC tvtuners.

Linuxtv should become the one stop shop. We don't need to compete with
ourselves, so lets make requests for photos to the wiki please.