Lifeview PCI TRIO DVB-S problems: can not tune half transponders, low SS and SNR

Hello,

I have been trying to use the DVB-S frontend of lifeview pci trio to scan and watch channels from Hotbird. I have the following two problems:

A) When I scan (using the scan utility from the hg tree, or the scan utility of my distribution) almost half of the transponders can not be tuned. I get the error tuning failed and of course almost half of Hotbitd's channels are not found. My transponders file is correct because it comes from my set top box which also runs linux :) or from hg dvb-apps or from other dvb software (e.g. prog dvb). I have also tried scanning with channelscan plugin of vdr with the same results. When I use kaffeine to scan for channels I get an Oops. I am attaching the output of my scan command using the scan util from dvb-apps fresh hg pull. (scan.log.gz)

B) When I use ready made channel lists downloaded from the internet I get low SNR and SS on almost half of the transponders and in some cases high error rate. When I use szap on those transponders I can not get a lock.

My kernel is:
Linux vagoshome 2.6.22-gentoo-r9 #1 SMP Tue Oct 30 16:02:08 UTC 2007 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
with a fresh hg mercurial pull and installation.

I attach also my dmesg as dmesg.log.gz

I also attach my lsmod as lsmod.log.gz

In case you need more info about the Oops I get when I scan from Kaffeine, I can reproduce it and send you the output.

The card works correctly under windows on the same machine, sat cable, dish.

Thank you
Vagelis