Re: DiB0700 firmware problems

Hi,

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Nicolas Will wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 11:42 +0200, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > it seems that there still problems related to USB with the latest
> > firmware.
> >
> > In order to figure out what is the problem I would like to gather some
> > information about the affected systems:
> >
> > Can everyone (people who still have the disconnects and the ones who
> > don't) please reply directly to this email giving the following
> > information:
> >
> > 1) system (uname -a)
> > 2) lspci-output
> > 3) DiB0700 device name (USB Stick, Nova-T 500)
> > 4) Application using the device (MythTV, VDR etc)
> > 5) Symptoms (unusable, disconnect after x days, no problem)
> >
> > Please make sure that you are using the latest firmware (version 1.10) .
>
> Patrick, devs,
>
> Life has been pretty good recently with my Nova-T-500, but it still
> hick-ups once in a while, and of course at the worst possible moment for
> my wife...

Nothing new from the firmware side, sorry.

I will keep the list up-to-date when there is something new, worth
testing.

Patrick.

PS: I can understand your wife. I'm experiencing similar issues. The
solution is quite easy. I'm just taking her to the closest big electronic
shops from time to time. Then I'm showing her the prices of the devices
which even cannot do half the things my VDR can do (the combination of
DVB-T and DVB-S as an example) and she realizes, that there is not
alternative.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx