Re: I2C NAKs and fails to respond during init of TDA18211

Michael Krufky <mkrufky <at> linuxtv.org> writes:

> You might want to take a look at the tda18271 driver recently merged
> into the master branch, located under dvb/frontends ...
>
> Perhaps this driver might be enough to bring up the tda18211-- I don't
> have the spec for the 18211, so I cannot say that for sure, but I was
> under the impression that the tda18211 is exactly a tda18271, but DVB
> only.
>
> Let me know if there's anything that I can do to help you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Krufky

Thanks.

I also note in your repository code that there is no account taken
of whether the chip is in Master or Slave mode - the 18211 needs
different frequency setting depending on whether it is running the
16MHz crystal (Master), or whether it just has the 16MHz input (Slave).

This is relevant if you have a dual-tuner configuration,
increasingly common to allow PVR and viewing on different channels.

In Master mode you set the required frequency on the Main PLL,
in Slave mode you have to use the Cal PLL.
Also set CALVCO_forLOn: EB1[2] and a few other bits !

Regards,
MikeW