Re: DVB-S2 API vs. HVR4000: When?

Am Freitag, den 02.11.2007, 01:22 +0100 schrieb Markus Rechberger:
> On 11/2/07, Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I really hope there won't be too many ( >1 ) APIs around: right now
> > > I'd be very embarassed regarding the API choose API to extend
> > > dvbstream and mplayer...
> > >

> > I wonder many people are around blindly overall within the whole
> > linuxtv project.
> > Community should mean that people support other ones.
> > Either visible on the Mailinglist uppon valid topics or providing
> > sourcecode.
> > What I've seen here is just forcing and pushing developers who don't
> > agree with a small amount of people (since most others are independent
> > and almost noone is involved with specific topics which are covered by
> > individuals). Sooner or later this will draw back since the freedom is
> > gone that way.
> >

> Ah well I just read what's going on with Mandriva at the moment this
> makes me thinking about linuxtv again.
> While this crowd is playing a shitty game against each other, in
> Windows _everything's_ available. Now planing to replace around 17.000
> copies of Linux with Windows at one side seriously has a positive
> impact of supported hardware at least. Ah well continue to play
> against each other.
>
> Markus

Markus,

I don't know what you are talking about. ;)

We all, of course including you, are v4l-dvb!

So, Oliver should review Manu's multiproto patches, but get's confused
by some Kconfig stuff from Trent in between, which he now first time
interprets as in worst case personal. Total bullshit! Trent tries to
keep the build possible, as Mauro and Mike did before and he is doing a
great job.

Next Johannes should come in, that is not bound to days or weeks, and
declare that we don't ride a dead horse.

Finally Manu has to made a decision, how far we can proceed for now.
Since all what will fail will fall back to him next! Stay fair.

If he can't overcome his bttv v4l2 clash with Mauro, and we on v4l can't
let Mauro go for nothing (!!!), he might submit his patches over Andrew
or Linus directly, if he feels better then.

Until anything such happens, Steve is also only a captive of it and to
do things twice ... Nico said it.

If needed, I'm at least good for to get some hardware and crash a
little.

Cheers,
Hermann