Re: [RFC] merged tree with newer patch series

On 10/29/07, Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did a lot of work this weekend merging several patchsets. There are 68
> new changesets there.
>
> The resulting tree is available at:
>         http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/merge
>
> This tree has:
>
> - one warning fix for pvrusb2;
> - bttv and i2c audio decoders conversion to V4L2
>         - merge was pending for almost 2 years;
>         - required to fix audio with V4L2 userspace apps;
> - hybrid redesign phase 2
>         - converts demods to the newer design;
> - i2c bus conversion
>         - will improve i2c attachments;
> - tuner-xc2028 addition
>         - needed for tm6000
>         - may work for em28xx and other drivers - although not yet tested with
> non-tm6000 hardware
>
> Since we have too much stuff merged into this series, including some
> core changes, I kindly ask you to test this tree.
>
> I intend to merge this at v4l-dvb tree later today.
>
> I've also worked on tm6000 code, although its code is not ready yet.
>
> The patches, including tm6000 ones is also temporarily available as a
> series of quilt patches at:
> http://linuxtv.org/~mchehab/merge2
>
> Please test and give us some feedback. Big changes like this are subject
> to miscellaneous issues, since we're all humans ;)

Hi,

Looking at tuner-xc2028.c, there seem to be some issues:

a) priv->count is initialized to zero by the first user. This would
result in priv either being freed prematurely or never freed at all.
b) If priv is freed, it doesn't seem to be removed from the global
xc2028_list list, meaning that this list is left containing dangling
pointers that will be followed the next time xc2028_attach is called.

Of course, unless there's more than one user of the same tuner, these
would mostly cancel each other, leaving nothing but a slight memory
leak.

Aidan