Re: suggestions for dual tuner + hardware encoder cards?

Hi,
Hans, thank you very much for your suggestion. Sorry for replying so  late.
On 25 Οκτ 2007, at 1:08 ΜΜ, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> One option is the Hauppauge PVR-500 that has two tuners. It can encode> into an MPEG-2 Program Stream (NOT Transport Stream, you will have  > to do> postprocessing if you want a TS). Also note that it is not suitable  > as a> framegrabber card, it's meant to be used as an MPEG encoder.
I read about this on the wiki. So basically this is true for all  iTVC15/iTVC16-based devices, supported by ivtv, this one included?
In the pictures I saw there is a single RF input; this is somehow  split internally is this signal somehow split internally so both  tuners work independently? In the end you get two MPEG-PS from two  video devices?
Do you happen to know if these cards are sold in Europe? I am asking  because this model is only listed in the Hauppauge US site, and I  couldn't find them in any European-based stores so far.
I was looking at HVR cards (like the HVR-1300 and HVR-4000), but I  think none of these feature both a hardware encoder and dual tuners.  Right?
Any other suggestions? I would even consider single-tuner cards, if  they're well supported and the quality is really good. Would you or  anyone suggest a specific cx88+blackbird card?
> Watch out for PVR-500 cards that use a Samsung tuner: avoid them,  > these> tuners can give you a lot of trouble depending on the quality of your> input signal.
Hauppauge lists two models: 00253 and 00254. I suppose I would be  interested in the second one, since Hauppauge says it's the one with  a PAL tuner (or is that a software feature?). Is this somehow related  to the above? Is there any way I could tell if a specific card has  this tuner (before installing it)? Maybe last questions should be  addressed to ivtv-users instead, but I thought I'd ask you anyway.
Thanks again.