Re: [RFC] tuner-refactor-phase-2

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:> Hi Michael,>> Em Seg, 2007-10-22 às 16:03 -0400, mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx escreveu:>   >> Mauro & others,>>>> After our conversation last week, I decided to move forward with >> tuner-refactor-phase-2, so that you can have the pathway for your >> tda9887 & tea5767 changes to go in without clashing with my pending work.>>>> My code is now ready for review:>>>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/tuner-refactor-phase-2>>     >> I expect a few troubles on merging the newer patches for 2.6.25, since> there are several significant changes that are expected to happen,> during this development period, like:>> - the newer tuner-redesign changesets;> - i2c redesign;> - bttv removal of V4L1 support;>   ^^^ These above do not conflict with each other.  Hans and I havecoordinated such that we will not patch clash, and the i2c conversionsdeal mostly with client modules...  any impact on bttv, if any, will belocalized in the i2c code.  The pending bttv patch probably needsupdating anyway, due to changes upstream.
The changes above hold priority over the two below.> - xc3028 old code removal;> - tuner-xc2028 addition;>   Regardless, the xc2028 changes are unlikely to cause any conflict withthe other changes.
Hans is waiting for the tuner-refactor-phase-2 tree to be merged beforehe pushes in the i2c changes, and you should wait for those both to bemerged before dealing with xc2028, in my opinion.
> Since those envolves several changes at core, it is likely that> changesets will conflict.>>   anything is possible, but i don't think it's likely :-)> So, I intend to carefully handle the 2.6.25 changesets already finished> during this weekend, hopefully.OK.  I have more changes planned that depend on these... If I addchangesets to the tree, i'll send you addendums to my original pull request.
Cheers,
Mike
_______________________________________________linux-dvb mailing listlinux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb