Re: Problem with Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD USB Stick

1.
grep init /var/log/kern.log (or /var/logmessages)
Should among other things return the following line,
dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity successfully initialized and connected.
Else, your card isn´t detected.

2.Using kaffein you can scan for channels, select the ones you want. If your card is not detected the dvb field won´t show.
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-multimedia/kaffeine/dvbwindow.html

/Henrik