Re: Off Topic: questioning Btty Gallery's operations

chazim wrote:

> Sorry, I miffed, and, more than a little confused here.
>  When I first subscribed to this list, Gunther at
> <mailto:gmy@xxxxxxx>"Btty Gallery", was the first to request photos,
> and, information be posted to him at gmy@xxxxxxx <mailto:gmy@xxxxxxx> ,
> he said would be posted on his site.
> So, I sent TBS Q-Box's information in, and, requested further help on it
> here.
> It's now been over 6 months, he's to post the first picture, Though I've
> now sent it to his site 4 times.
> I've just sent it again, and, still no posting. Is the guy on strike or
> what?

As you stated yourself, the bttv gallery is his site, so the question is
as to why your pictures have not been posted are best left for Gunther
himself to answer. That said, unfortunately, I don't think he has posted
to either of the m/l's for about six months. I don't know if anyone here
knows his whereabouts or activities.

> Guy's, the V4L list seems to be getting new units posted, what's the
> deal here?
> Where's the motivation or, how can you write software for a unit that no
> ones seen, or, is unknown?

You're not very clear here. To what exactly are you referring?

> As to the help request. Supposedly, the modules are out there, in V4L
> kernel, but, I have no idea how to get them working,
> and no one has the time to direct me to site that can.
> I've been here for over 6 months, optimistic that sooner, or, later it
> will come to pass.

I recently re-org'ed the wiki article for this device
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Turbosight_USB_DVB-S_Q-Box). If
you want to upload images of the device, then that page is a very good
place to do so.

While drivers may exist for the individual component ICs used by the
device, code must still be added to tie them together i.e. glue code to
provide device level support. The firmware control must also be
discerned -- you may want to grab some logs using USBsniff for that purpose.