Re: [RFC-final] videobuf tree

> Mauro,
>
> This new patch fixed the problem.  CX23885 functionality is restored!  :-)
Good! If you send your reviewed-by, I'll add at the proper changesets
touching videobuf.

> side note:  If we had left a single header, video-buf.h, we could have
> avoided this problem.  When we rename files like this, we run the risk
> of building against the wrong headers, if errors are not caught &
> corrected quickly enough.
>
> Are you open to merging the videobuf-*.h into a single video-buf.h
> header file, to match the filename in previous kernel versions so that
> we can avoid this issue from recurring?  Either that, or including the
> current headers into a new video-buf.h would do the same job.
>
> What do you think?

I don't like to create a video-buf.h header. This will make non-pci
devices dependent on PCI, or will require some additional logic for
checking kernel Kconfig symbols. I also expect that other newer videobuf
methods to be created. So, this header will just generate undesirable
mess.

What we might do is to rename the generic abstract method to another
name. This will generate compilation errors, making easier for people to
realize what happened.

I'm not sure if this is valuable enough, since I don't know any other
DMA S/G driver using videobuf being developed for their inclusion at
Kernel.

Cheers,
Mauro