Avermedia DVB-T A310 MiniCard

Hi,

I've recently bought a new notebook with this card in it. It's an acer aspire 9920.
This dvb-t receiver seems to be not currently supported by the linux-dvb drivers.

It is shown as a usb device with lsusb. The Vendor:Device IDs are
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 07ca:a310 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.

I suspect that it contains somehow the same Hardware, that other Avermedia
USB Devices use. So I've manipulated the Device IDs in the newest mercurial
version of the driver accordingly. I've tried with the a800 and the dib0700 drivers.

The dib0700 complains when loading the firmware. The a800 doesn't, but it cannot
register his dib3000mc frontend, because of a vendor id mismatch.

I've also took a look on the windows drivers for the card. I've looked especially for
a firmware file, but there seems to be none. There are only two driver files available
at all. AverA310CAP.sys and AverA310usb.sys. One of them may contain the firmware.
I've already searched with a hex editor, but no clues about used chips devices or
firmware, but I'm no dvb expert.

I'm aware of the fact that there may be never a driver for linux avialable at all,
because this device isn't available on the market other than as an OEM version.
So no one of the developers can go to a store and buy one seperatly.

But as I mentiioned earlier. I'm hoping the existing drivers can be somehow tweaked
for this hw, because Avermedia might be using existing hw.

So can one help me to further investigate? May be even to dump the device for further
information?

Regards,
Thomas