Re: Some thoughts and questions

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007, Manu Abraham wrote:
>
> Instead of losing myself in the details of your questions,
> some background info:
>
>> 1) LNB drift

That said, since we have different LNB LO drifts and the frontend driver doesn't know
what the actual drift the LO is having, but that only a standard (vague ?) definition of
the drift, i would like to experiment a bit with the stb0899 with regards on the same.
Since the STB0899 doesn't use the swzigzag from dvb_frontend.c, it is much easier to
do it in the stb0899 driver.

(This is supposing on the basis that we are not fiddling around with the STV0299)

Ok, now that i explained the test scenario, how would you prefer LNB drift be provided
to the frontend ?

The criteria would be thus, that the user be able to specify the drift for his LNB, since
people have small LO drift values to large LO drift values. ie it is not fixed as it is originally
thought to be.

Do you think it would be the best if the user specifies the drift ? Or maybe in a user
specific library, for example the lnb.c that one could be extended further.

What's your opinion ?

Manu