Re: KNC1 DVB-S2 Plus, Satelco DVB-S2, TT S2 3200, Technisat DVB-S2

Artem Makhutov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 04:29:16AM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have pushed out a tree containing support for the mentioned hardware.
>> Please note, support is still incomplete. Still much more to happen.
>
> Thanks for the new tree. I have just downloaded and compiled it.
>
>> Please collect all your issues, will go through one by one. I can go through the issues one
>> by one only, so please bear with me.
>>
>> The hacked szap is here http://abraham.manu.googlepages.com/szap.c
>
> Do you have also the other files of szap? I can't compile your szap.c
> with the current dvb-apps.
>
> Here is the compile error that I get:
>
> artem@gandalf ~/source/szap $ gcc -Wall -I/home/artem/source/multiproto/linux/include/ -O2 szap.c -o szap
>
> /tmp/ccNjXaIj.o: In function `bad_usage':
> szap.c:(.text+0x48): undefined reference to `lnb_enum'
> /tmp/ccNjXaIj.o: In function `main':
> szap.c:(.text+0x1c40): undefined reference to `lnb_enum'
> szap.c:(.text+0x1d3e): undefined reference to `lnb_decode'
> collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

You need to use lnb.o from util/szap. It is missing that.

>> I would like to know the issues you face. Some people have said that the STB0899 tunes and LOCK's
>> incredibly faster than any of the demodulator drivers we have.
>>
>> Would like to verify this as well. I am wondering whether this is too good to believe.
>
>> Please give it a go.
>> Testers, please give results with the stb0899 module with verbose=5 module parameter
>> by the way i forgot to mention the tree. http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto
>> Please change the subject to reflect the hardware you have, for getting back results.
>
> It seems that this driver does not recognise my Skystar HD:

Can you add in the PCI ID's into budget_ci.c. Only PCIID's and adding the SKYSTAR_HD into the case alongwith the TTS2 3200 would be sufficient to get you moving.

Please do send in a patch as well for the same.

Manu