Re: KWorld ATSC 120 (KWorld PlusTV HD PCI 120) Support

nskaggs@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am the "proud" owner of a new one of these Kworld ASTC 120. Imagine my
> surprise when I found out the linux support of the ASTC 110 didn't
> extend to this version.

Other then the fact that they are both DVB cards, the ATSC 110 and 120
are completely dissimilar, so no extension of support possibility
there....It is unfortunate that you learnt that fact the hard way ....
though, (and you probably don't need to hear this after the fact), the
resources to tell you otherwise do exist:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_ATSC_120
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCI_Cards#Currently_Unsupported_ATSC_PCI_cards:

> Since there's no support, I'd like to help. What can I do to get support for this card under linux?
> What's the current status on the card? Any support at all? Any attempts been made towards it?

This card's support is contingent upon (i) xc3028 tuner support and (ii)
glue code in the drivers to tie all the components together; so as to
provide device level support.

The situation surrounding support for the Xceive devices is nothing
short of comical; what should have been easily handled ages ago has been
ridiculously fanned and blown into an ongoing "crisis". I do, however,
have faith that this situation may resolve itself, one way or another,
in the coming months. But until that time, you and other ATSC 120 users
(and there are others, as a couple of inquiries about this device and,
its Geniatech X8000A analogue, have been made) are out of luck.

>From what I've seen from user reports, as it stands, even basic
functionality (such as from the composite input) is currently not
working on the card. I don't know if anyone has made any further
investigation or inroads on that matter, but if you wish to help, then
that might be a good starting point (and would, coincidently, mirror how
the beginnings of support for the older ATSC 110 began).

Further to that, a very simple task would be to update the card's wiki
entry (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_ATSC_120) with the
relevant output of lspci -vvnn (so to replace the current information)
and any (non-proprietary) photos of the card that you can provide. Any
additional information that you can supply is also welcome.