Re: tzap output concerns

On 24/09/2007, at 2:41 PM, Chun Chung LO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> But I noticed the UNC is not zero compared to the result in your first
> mail. As far as I know, BER is high but UNC is zero, the signal should
> be better than BER is low but UNC is NOT zero.
>
> Am I right ?

I would think so too, but the card was actually in a hung state with
the original values I was reporting.  I couldn't actually lock onto a
signal (I just didn't realise at the time as tzap was reporting a
channel lock).

What is really strange is that I attempted kernel 2.6.22-2 (debian
sid), firmware v 1.10 and the latest HG drivers, but then I lost one
channel.  So I rolled back to 2.6.22-1, firmware v 3-beta1 and HG
drivers from 2007-8-26.  Now I did get back to the original
performance.  Until i cold booted to fix this hang, and now I've lost
my channel again (the same as after the upgrade).

These are some really strange bugs... and I'm having trouble
narrowing it down.

Can anyone please help with the process I should take to find where
the problem is originating from?  What is the best way to eliminate
possible problems?

Dan