Compro Videomate U300 (same as U500)

Hi, due to the afatech stick i recently bought ciuld not tune into any
channels i gave it back and bought a more expensive one, the Compro U300
which is the same model as the U500 (Windows Drivers are in a folder on
the CD Called Driver U500) More than this my U300 looks like the picture
of the u500 on the Compro page. the difference is that it gets delivered
with an external pluggable antenna.

However i"m a bit confused with the wiki and the different DiB0700
<http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=DiB0700&action=edit>
Firmwares. I"m using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and copied the firmware
http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw
into the following folder: /lib/firmware/2.6.20-16-generic/

after a reboot and plugging it in nothing happens dmesg says:
usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5

i read a bit deeper and the wiki and found that some sticks dont work
with these drivers so i made a copy of the firmware, named:
dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw and put it also in the firmware folder.
Result: nothing i get the same dmesg
So what should i do ??
i compiled v4l-dvb 4 weeks ago... do i have to compile and install it
again ????
hope you can help
Thanks Daniel