Re: DVB API update

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> I really don't think there is any problem in releasing API version 3.3
> with DVB-S2 support now, then 3.4 with DVB-H, then 3.5 with DVB-T2 etc.
>
> And I think it would be wrong to delay DVB-S2 support until you
> have all of DVB-H, DVB-T2, etc. properly hammered out.

Johannes: why do you play this nasty thing ?

Quoting yourself from your last mail:

" new ioctl later for DVB-H etc. (DVB-SH, DVB-T2
  and DVB-C2 anyone?) "

So who wrote about C2 and T2 (me ?)

What i said in reply to your statement:

" DVB.org has called for the papers currently for C2 and T2, basically the
idea they have put up is to use LDPC/BCH instead of Reed/Solomon.
Another year or 2 for DVB-C2 or T2.

But even before that i guess we need to work for the hardware which do
exist, rather than for devices the even the complete base specification
is not yet released. Don't you think so ?"

Please stop playing it to your tune, to make others look like total
idiots. Maybe you would like to give some 10 mile long explanation. I am
not going to bite into your accusations.

HTH