Re: DVB API update

Wolfgang Wegner wrote:

> Well, AFAIK the ASI specification is not open, so I unfortunately I
> can not point to it.
> To be honest, the only thing about ASI comes from a fronted we use at
> the company in professional equipment, so I am not sure if the things
> I can tell from there are really valid for all ASI equipment. However,
> as from time to time questions come up concerning DekTec and other boards,
> at least some basic support for ASI seems to be desirable.
>
> So, coming to the facts, our ASI frontend gives these as "statistics":
> - BER
> - sync status
> - 204 or 188 byte/packet mode

Its described in:

"/EN 50083-9:2002 : //Cable networks for television signals, sound
signals and interactive services. Part 9: Interfaces for CATV/SMATV
head-ends and similar professional equipment for DVB/MPEG2 transport
streams. "
/

//which is available (if you're registered) from:
http://www.cenelec.org/Cenelec/Code/Frameset.aspx
//

///
/