Re: saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 01:23 +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

> > [...]
> > >
> > > Just to be sure:
> > > You are using exactly the same setup, except for the new asus p7131?
> >
> > yes, same setup + additional asus p7131.
> >
> > > Strange. Maybe a power supply problem. Could you try another power
> > > supply for your machine?
> >
> > This is a brand new power supply already (because I thought at some
> > point the usb disconnects were caused by a flaky power supply). However
> > following Hermanns suggestion I permuted the cards in the slots. One day
> > of up-time so far without seeing this message...
>
> There have been reports that some mainboard layouts have problems to
> supply enoungh power on the PCI bus...
>
> > I will report back when the messages re-appear...
>
> Thanks.

OK, I did the following: I removed 2 pci cards put but left the p7131 in
and upgraded to 2.6.22.6. Since then I've never seen any of these
timeout messages, though still hangs with the p7131. However when
switching to F-connectors signal strength improved drastically and this
seems to also make the hangs go away for a longer time (crash after 5
days).

Still struggling,
Soeren
--
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.