Re: (maybe OT) Recommendation for DVB-C card for home made receiver/recorder

Bernhard Denner wrote:
> I'm using a Haupauge Nexus-CA for 2 years now and I'm very satisfied with it.
> But actually don't now if there are any better (maybe HDTV) cards on
> the market now.

There is really no need for a fullfeature card unless you're actually
planning on using the TV out, so that would only be on one machine then.

Also, if you're going to use more than one card, you are going to need
two CA interfaces, two CAMs and two subscription cards.

I'd skip it entirely and use Terratec Cinergy 1200's (or equivalent) and
a card reader solution instead. Much cheaper and works equally well. As
for TV out, it's on every modern graphics card out there.

> Software: I think VDR is the right software you are looking for.
> You can watch, record (cat, burn, convert the recordings), stream TV
> programs with it, has many many plugins and can handle up to 4
> DVB-S/C/T cards.

For a distributed solution like that, where you have several machines in
several rooms, I'd definitely go with MythTV. Put the cards in whichever
machine you want, record and watch live TV from all machines.

/fnord