Re: DiB0700 firmware - next try

On 11 Sep 2007, at 08:29, Nicolas Will wrote:

> OK, so far so good, it has survived for a whole night!
>
> I still got one (and not an endless flood requiring a reboot)
> mt2060 I2C
> read failed" in the logs, while I was sleeping, and the thing still
> works in the morning, with tuning and all.
>
> Let's see if it holds!

Dear all,

First of all, I'm a new poster to the list, so I'd like to thank
everyone involved for all their hard work on the drivers. I'm using a
Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T card, and also tried the new firmware as
requested.

I also got a few I2C read failed errors overnight, but nothing else:

# grep I2C /var/log/everything/current
Sep 11 02:13:36 [kernel] mt2060 I2C read failed
Sep 11 04:02:28 [kernel] mt2060 I2C read failed
Sep 11 04:26:47 [kernel] mt2060 I2C read failed
Sep 11 04:52:18 [kernel] mt2060 I2C read failed
Sep 11 05:13:09 [kernel] mt2060 I2C read failed
Sep 11 06:43:00 [kernel] mt2060 I2C read failed

However, in the morning, one of the tuners would not work in mythtv,
giving the error (from mythtv) of "The tuner should have locked to
the channel by now...". I switched to the other tuner, and that one
seemed to work fine. I couldn't spot any errors that looked like they
were related to the tuning problem.

Also, can anyone advise me on the best way to ensure I'm using the
latest v4l-dvb drivers? I am using gentoo: does anyone know whether
the ebuild automatically pulls the latest source? I had some
difficulty getting the drivers to load the new firmware (I think I
was not editing the firmware filename in the right place), so I had
to rename the new file to have the same filename as the old one.

Best wishes,

Douglas