Re: Cinergy HT USB XE

On 9/6/07, root <srv@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the device is based on the STK7700-PH component by Dibcom.
>
> The STK7700-PH family is based on the following components:
>
> - a Dibcom demodulator with an integrated USB interface (Dib7700)
> - a tuner and analog decoder which are provided by a third party partner
> (Xceive XC3028 and Conextant CX25843)
>
> The dib0700 driver seems to support the STK7700-P, STK7700-D,
> STK7700-PD, but not the STK7700-PH wich is the only one using the
> XC3028.
>
> It seems we have to add the xc3028 driver to the existing one.
>
> Ref: www1.dibcom.info/Images/Upload/pdf/DiBcom_PC_Notebooks_0702.pdf
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Ivan

Hi,

That could be interesting. (There are several xc3028 drivers, and
unfortunately the one in trunk is analog-only and incomplete. There's
mrec's drivers, which support analog and digital but either require
changes to core code that'll never be merged or involve a weird
userspace tuner interface that's currently unmerged - I'm not sure how
compatible the latter is with trunk now. There's also digital-only
code lying around somewhere. Finally, I have a port of mrec's
kernel-space driver to the hybrid tuner framework in trunk, but it's
untested with digital and with anything other than the original
HVR-900. The last one is also not currently publicly available.)

The xc3028 has some odd requirements in itself - it seems to need GPIO
twiddling to tune, amongst other things.

(Sorry about the duplicate e-mail - I accidentally replied to sender
instead of to all.)

Aidan.