Re: Driver for USB ISDB-T 1-Seg

Hi Patrick,
Em Dom, 2007-08-26 às 18:27 +0200, Patrick Boettcher escreveu:
> Obviously you are from Brasil. What is your current status in your country > about DTV?As Carlos said, the commercial transmissions start at the end of thisyear.
>  How much did they modified Japan's ISDB-T implementation? In > which flavour it is/will be used in Brasil? Will it be encrypted only?
The current definitions by the technical committee are not to allow theusage of encrypted transmissions (apparently, this is the position ofthe most relevant broadcasters). However, there are some pressure tosupport encryption. AFAIK, the final decision were not taken yet.
The Japanese specs will be used for modulation and streaming. There aresome intentions to use MPEG4 for video encryption, as an option (theJapanese std currently defines only MPEG2, AFAIK). The remaining changesfor the Brazilian variant are on higher layers, basically focused onuser interactivity. From Kernel driver POV, I doubt that thosedifferences would be noticeable.
Cheers,Mauro.