Re: Problem with dvbnet on Ubuntu

Michael Harpe wrote:
> I have a new PCI Technisat DVB card installed and it seems to work fine.
> I am working on receiving a datacast from our local PBS station.
> dvbsnoop sees the traffic on the right PID (8099) and dvbstream sends it
> back out fine.
>
> I would like to use the dvbnet-created interface. I create the interface
> with dvbnet, give it an IP address, put it in promiscuous mode and no
> packets tick. I don't see any traffic out this interface. This stream is
> an IP stream being sent in IEC38016? format.

Hello.
What protocol should this be?

V4L DVB supports the following IP/DVB protocols:
* Multiprotocol Encapsulation (MPE), defined in ETSI EN 301 192
* Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE), defined in RFC4326

Cheers,
Christian.

Christian Praehauser <cpraehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cpraehaus/