Re: DVB-T Full Spectrum Frequencies Scan

On 08/22/2007 04:57 PM, Frederic CAND wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having some troubles trying to perform a dvb-t frequencies scan
> without a scan file.
> Does anyone know if a software (or even an algorithm i could write in C)
> exist to do so ?
> My idea was to scan frequencies using all combinations of DTT
> parameters. This is a first problem because it makes a lot of
> possibilities. The second problem is that I don't know on which
> frequency I should start my scanning, nor the step to use between to
> frequencies.
>
> I thought to parse the Terrestrial Delivery System descriptor in the
> NIT, but it appears that some countries do not fill correctly this
> descriptor (particularly the "Frequency" field). So it's useless.
>
> I'm looking for a universal method that do not need a scan file to be
> specified to automate everything. As STBs can do that i though that we
> could do that programatically.
>
> If anyone has a clue, please help :'(

Some time ago I made an "all-UHF" scanfile, but it was rejected because
of the autoscan feature available with some DVB-T cards. However, far
from all DVB-T cards support autoscan, and in that case you simply need
all-UHF. But it was rejected anyway, because every card *should* support
autoscan. But they don't. So you have a problem. Well anyway. If you
want all-UHF, just ask and I'll look it up and send it to you. all-UHF
only scans channel 21-69, it does not scan frequencies in between like
channel 21,5 (21,5 would be 478Mhz). But in most countries such
frequencies are not used anyway. For guard interval and other settings
it uses "auto", supported by every card that I've tried.