Re: Mercurial builds causing unknown symbols in cam drivers?

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 11:37 +0200, Markus Rechberger wrote:

On 8/14/07, Dave Richards <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

<SNIPPED>

> > > Hi Dave,
> > >
> > > you have to run "make kernel-links", this will update your kernel
> > > sourcetree with the latest v4l-dvb sources.
> > > After this if you rebuild your camdrivers they will use the latest
> > > sources and everything should work out fine. You cannot mix cam
> > > drivers which are build with older v4l-dvb inkernelsources with
> > > the latest v4l-dvb sources from linuxtv.org.
> > >

> > Thanks Markus. I have tried using 'make kernel-links' and I see the
> > sym links that were created and the Doc directories it set up.
> > My cam driver uvcvideo builds cleanly but unfortunately I still see
> > the unknown symbols.
> >
> > I'm scratching my head and can't see what still could be tripping it
> > up.
> >

> Try to remove the media tree within /lib/modules/`uname -r`
> Afterwards reinstall the kernelmodules. Many others seem to have the
> same problem with updating their kernel sources.

Thanks, hope I'm not mis-understanding that.

I removed rm -r) /lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/kernel/drivers/media and
then put the media kernel modules back with sudo make install from the
v4l-dvb directory.

uvcvideo is still showing the unknown symbols after recompiling and
reinstalling.

cheers

Dave