Plagged with "dib0700: Unknown remote controller key : ..."

Hi,
    I've started to use the new remote support for the Hauppauge Nova T-500 and it's working nearly fine except for one thing: it seems to really conflict with my TV remote.

    Briefly: certain keys in my TV remote (when pressed certain times - not always...) seems to leave the driver for the remote somewhat "locked". This means the driver is left in a state in which is outputting continuosly the above message to dmesg and /var/log/messages, up to the point that I loose the initial part of 'dmesg'. This doesn't occur always, just sometimes, and sometimes only one message per keypress is displayed and sometimes it's a continuous output that stops when I press a key with the card's remote.

   Does anybody know how can I avoid this?

Cheers,
  Eduard