Re: Problems with APIC/LAPIC

Markus Rechberger schrieb:
> On 8/8/07, Sven Mueller <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Markus Rechberger schrieb:

>>> can you submit some logs?
>>>
>>> cat /proc/interrupts
>>> cat /proc/cpuinfo
>>
>> sven@vdr:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
>> processor       : 0
>> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>> cpu family      : 6
>> model           : 15
>> model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU            2160  @ 1.80GHz
>> stepping        : 2
>> cpu MHz         : 1799.947
>> cache size      : 1024 KB
>> physical id     : 0
>> siblings        : 2
>> core id         : 0
>> cpu cores       : 2
>> fdiv_bug        : no
>> hlt_bug         : no
>> f00f_bug        : no
>> coma_bug        : no
>> fpu             : yes
>> fpu_exception   : yes
>> cpuid level     : 10
>> wp              : yes
>> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
>> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
>> constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
>> bogomips        : 3603.26
>>
>> processor       : 1
>> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>> cpu family      : 6
>> model           : 15
>> model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU            2160  @ 1.80GHz
>> stepping        : 2
>> cpu MHz         : 1799.947
>> cache size      : 1024 KB
>> physical id     : 0
>> siblings        : 2
>> core id         : 1
>> cpu cores       : 2
>> fdiv_bug        : no
>> hlt_bug         : no
>> f00f_bug        : no
>> coma_bug        : no
>> fpu             : yes
>> fpu_exception   : yes
>> cpuid level     : 10
>> wp              : yes
>> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
>> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
>> constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
>> bogomips        : 3599.67
>>
>> sven@vdr:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
>>            CPU0       CPU1
>>   0:   22029407          0          XT-PIC  timer
>>   2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>>   3:    5970970          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd:usb1, saa7146 (0)
>>   6:          5          0          XT-PIC  floppy
>>   7:          1          0          XT-PIC  parport0
>>   9:          0          0          XT-PIC  acpi
>>  10:    8232319          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd:usb2,
>> uhci_hcd:usb4, HDA Intel, eth0
>>  11:  174586011          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd:usb3,
>> ehci_hcd:usb5, libata, eth1, saa7146 (1)
>>  14:    4995721          0          XT-PIC  ide0
>>  15:     788051          0          XT-PIC  ide1
> [...]

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are trying to solve with that (since the
system works quite nicely after I disabled LAPIC/APIC), but irqbalance
doesn't seem to be the right tool. Its description says:

 Daemon to balance irq's across multiple CPUs on systems with the 2.4 or
 2.6 kernel. This can lead to better performance and IO balance on SMP
 systems. Useful mostly just for 2.4 kernels, or 2.6 kernels with
 CONFIG_IRQBALANCE turned off.

However my kernel config enables CONFIG_IRQBALANCE.

regards,
Sven