Re: Wiki questions ... Hauppauge NOVA-T-500 and others

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 08:57 -0400, CityK wrote:
> 1) Firmware listed looks to be the old (buggy) one ... can someone
> correct please

this has been corrected yesterday,

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500#Firmware

pointing to

http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw

> 2) What is the "Bristol" reference ? ...  I changed it on the wiki
> page
> to read that it is a reference board design (just a guess), but I'm
> not
> sure if that's right or where this "Bristol" bit is even coming from.

this is apparently the code name to the engineering design. It is all
over the driver's code.

It could probably be safely dropped from the wiki page, it must only
concern the coders.

> 3) Does this card support the "diversity" feature ...

No.

The PCI card that supports the diversity feature is NOT supported, and
this has a full section dedicated to it.

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500#WinTV-NOVA-TD-500

what version of the page are you looking at ?

>  how about other
> devices like
> - http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick
> - http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick
>
> IIRC, Patrick mention something about the diversity feature not set in
> the Linux driver yet, but that the dual mode works. But to which
> devices
> does this apply.

I'll let others answer that. I'm selfishly focusing on the T-500. :o)

Nico