Re: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (Diversity)

I demand that Patrick Boettcher may or may not have written...

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Janne Grunau wrote:
>> On Monday 30 July 2007 18:35:18 Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>> If you have such a card we can try to make it work.
>> There are already cards out there. Hauppauge official name seems to be
>> Nova-TD 500
>>> We need to know which components are used - as it is diversity I assume
>>> it is something with DiBcom - but which ones.

>> Yes, according to
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/280958#280958 it has a
>> "DIBcom 0710 TS to PCI bridge".

> They made this a product ????
> The DiB0710 PCI controller was afai knew never sold for Mass-Production.
> Support for this controller is not planned for now, sorry.

Just so we know what (not) to avoid:

What model nos. are on the boxes for known-good Nova-T 500s?

What model no. is on the box for the Nova-TD 500?

You'll probably find the model number near the barcode on the box; for
example, my Nova-T Stick (70001) has "WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick model 294", and I
know that newer ones have a different model number.

Oh, and these numbers should be added to the relevant wiki pages.

| + At least 4000 million too many people. POPULATION LEVEL IS UNSUSTAINABLE.

I think therefore I create bugs.