Re: New tuning file for Astra 28.2E

Zoilo Gomez wrote:
> Christoph Pfister wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007 11:45 schrieb Marvin Hankley:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Please find attached a more complete tuning file for Astra 28.2E.
>>>
>> Is that really needed? NIT linking exists which allows the scan apps to find
>> the other transponders (ideally from a single initial tuning entry).
>> Of course some providers manage to mess stuff up so that you need more (or
>> all) entries to get the full channel list.
>
> Exactly; NITs seem to be incomplete all the time ... as of yet I still
> have to see my first complete scan that is based on an ideal single
> initial tuning entry on any satellite!
>
> Am I correct in thinking that things seem to change often as well?
>
> Another notorious mess is the new Astra 23E5 ... will post a frequency
> list for that one as soon as I have time to investigate it.
>
> Z.

When I did a scan on the Hot Bird satellite with Kaffeine, I only found
10 channels. There was no NIT available at all. After searching for the
transponder with the NIT info for a while I gave up, loaded the
transponder file from
http://joshyfun.peque.org/transponders/kaffeine.html and completed the
scan..