scandvb not doing its job

My scenario is regional Australia.  I have access to signals from 2
local transmission towers, each of which has 5 channels (ABC, PRIME,
WIN, SC10, SBS), one tower towards the lower end of the spectrum and the
other towards the higher end.  The towers are located approx 180 degs
either side of me, the lower band one at about 20km not quite line of
sight, the other at about 5km and line of sight.  My antenna is a new
UHF 13dB yagi with good coax.

I have tried using scandvb to scan for live channels and consistently it
will only find the SBS channels from either tower (even on the backside
of the aerial) and will not find any other channels.

I have been able to scan the stations using the crappy Windows software
that came with the card (Lifeview FlyDVB-T Hybrid PCI) and have located
all of the stations that way and have thus been able to set up a
channels.conf file, which now works fine.

Is scandvb just too sensitive to its signal strength requirements or
what.  I even set up a tuning table with frequencies at 125KHz intervals
+- 500Khz of the nominal published channel frequencies, but it still
failed to tune the stations.

Does anyone have any idea what gives with scandvb?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannetlinux.com>