Re: Asus P7131 hybrid analog/DVB-T

Hi Jim,

Am Samstag, den 21.07.2007, 15:54 +0100 schrieb Jim Darby:
> I've just bought one of these and I'm having trouble getting it to work.
> I'm running Mandriva 2007 with the 2.6.17 kernel.
>
> I tried to upgrade to the latest DVB/V4L sources but without a lot of
> success (modules failing to load and so on).

Try "make rmmod" on top of the v4l-dvb master copy or reboot after "make
install". ("modprobe -vr saa7134-dvb saa7134-alsa tda827x tuner" later
on to unload all)

> I was just wondering if someone could give me a description of how they
> managed to get their P7131 working. Do I need a later kernel for
> example? What versions of V4L package is recommended? And so on.

Else you need at least kernel 2.6.22 to get support for the
LowNoiseAmplifier on it. Is also auto detected there (card=112) and the
remote is supported too. For analog TV/FM I suggest to connect the on
board analog audio out to the sound card/chip. The two pins in the
middle are ground.

Else you need to know how to use mplayer/mencoder with dma audio support
and sox or arecord/aplay for other applications with saa7134-alsa. (See
the v4l-wiki on that)

On recent stuff DVB-T must be connected to the FM/TV antenna input.
Oldest you can use for having the LNA supported is Hartmut's development
repository.

Another hint, if you want to use DVB-T from the card's hybrid tuner and
analog from an external tuner/VCR at once, you need to use packed
formats! Planar formats can't work with the dma engine at once.
(mplayer/mencoder!)

In general take a little care not to access the single hybrid tuner with
DVB-T apps and analog TV/FM apps at once. There is no protection/locking
and you might lose a recording or so.

You need firmware for the tda10046. Use the script in dvb Documentation
and get a recent one from LifeView.

Take care, in the UK there are often negative center frequency offsets
(166kHz) reported. If this is not yet reflected in your initial scan
file, the scan might fail. Also the tda10046a works best on scanning
with all set to AUTO except bandwidth.

Have fun,

Hermann