Re: Technotrend S2-3600 HDTV-S2 USB 2.0

On 7/19/07, Erich Newell <erich.newell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am very happy you inquired. I had planned on using the device with
> clear DVB-S2 transmissions on Echostar1. However, after your inquiry I
> thought I might double check my facts.
>
> In the end I discovered that although the streams are otherwise the
> same as DVB-S2 HD streams in Europe, here they use "Turbo-FEC" rather
> than LDPC!

And thats why I asked, there's no reason for anyone to own a -S2 card
in U.S. (yet).
Perhaps if you're going to pirate dishnetwork or whatever it is you
were going to do,
you'd be better off with a
http://www.genpix-electronics.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=9 or
http://www.genpix-electronics.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=7