Re: KNC1 DVB-S CI?

Le dimanche 08 juillet 2007 01:33, P. van Gaans a écrit :
> >> Things take a whole new turn. Apparently something went wrong with the
> >> cable to the CI daughterboard, after re-connecting it the card worked
> >> again in Windows. Now for Linux, with once again the normal v4l-dvb (not
> >> my modified version):
> >>
> >> [  253.420000] budget-av: cam inserted B
> >> [  256.384000] dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised
> >> successfully
> >>
> >> Ok! Kaffeine says:
> >>
> >> DvbCam::probe(): LLCI slot found on /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0
> >> DvbCam::probe(): CA module present on /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0
> >
> > This isn't sufficient - make sure the channel you're trying to watch
> > is marked as scrambled ...
> >
> >> But... No picture (and no, no sound either). No error visible. I'm now
> >> 100% sure the hardware is OK since it works on Windows now. And the
> >> messages in Linux make you think it should work here as well. But no
> >> picture?
> >>
> >> Tia,
> >>
> >> P. van Gaans
> >
> > Christoph
>
> Is that really required? I didn't know.

This is only required by Kaffeine. The idea is to use the cam only for
scrambled channels (and as you have noticed the "scrambled" flag isn't
reliable), so if you are recording a scrambled channel and want to live play
a second FTA channel on the same mplex, you can.
Most apps (like windows ones) simply use the cam for any channel. This may
have some advantage, but also some limitations.

--
Christophe Thommeret