Re: DViCO Dual Digital 4 and remote

--- Peter Fern <v4l@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Craig Cook wrote:
> > Try the instructions for the original dvico dual tuner...
>
> Yeppo, the dev/input stuff is what you want, probably also worth writing
> some udev rules, or using the by-id links in /dev/input to ensure you
> don't get ordering problems with the eventX dev numbering if you have a
> keyboard or other input device attached.

Thanks Craig & Peter, I wasn't aware it should be using the /dev/input device
entries. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any valid entries for the
remote. I have 3 /dev/input/eventX entries, 1 for keyboard, 1 for mouse and 1
for speaker(?).

I deduce from one of the links I should be seeing a line like the following
when the DualDigital4 is initialised:

"input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input2"

which is not there for me.

I'll investigate further.

Petey.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts.