Re: people watching 28.2E in the south-west of France

Le lundi 25 juin 2007 à 21:13 +0200, Chris Moore a écrit :

> I don't think you necessarily need to twist the whole dish as a polar
> mount does.
> Twisting the LNB by a similar amount should avoid cross-polarization
> problems.

Tried not working...

> (However I do seem to remember seeing some of the tiny fixed elliptical
> dishes in London mounted on the skew.)

Mine is eliptical and 75 cm on the narrow width (equivalent 80 round)

> IMHO it is better to look for a minimum on the wrong polarization rather
> than a maximum on the correct polarization.
> This is probably difficult to do on digital : dish alignment was easier
> in the good old analogue days :-(

You said it! But I want to be able to record MotoGP! So Eurosport
analogic  doesn't make the grade. And sometimes the t shirts that Perry
woman wears...

> Nevertheless I am surprised you are having problems with the
> polarization as in practice I have never found it too critical.

The German channels no problem (astra 19.2E) pointed, zapped, fired up
VDR et voila... Turn dish 10 degrees to the east and nothing not the
tinyest blip... The German astra 19.2E is working without polarisation.

Cheers

Tony