Re: Vivanco 21056/LR306 a.k.a. MSI DVB at Anywhere a.k.a LifeView Hybrid doesn't scan

Am Freitag, 22. Juni 2007 00:43:44 schrieb hermann pitton:

> > > The card in this thread (msi@anywhere a/d) looks exactly like mine:
> > >
> > > http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-September/012646.html
> > >
> > > Werner
> >
> > Sorry its late.
> > I am a bit confused: Is analog (via Tuner) partly working or not at all?
> > I can try to retrieve the baseband input configuration from the eeprom
> > dump.
> > I had a glance at the pictures you sent me.
> > Looks like the card supports FM radio - did you try it?
> > There is a chip between antenna input and the tuner chip (TDA8275A)
> > Can you find out its type? It is a unusual package for RF, can you see
> > whether there are traces going to the sucket or to the tuner?
>
> Hi,
>
> that should be the same RF input switcher we have on the Asus stuff and
> on the LifeView Trio. It is already addressed in analog mode for radio
> versus TV, but gpio21 usage can be reversed depending on the
> manufacturer. On the gpio22 in the comments I have some doubts.
>
> Seems not to be in the eeprom?

Hartmut and Hermann,

ok, I got out the manual and will try to describe the card as good as I can.

The card in question is a PCI DVB-T TV (analog) FM Tuner card named Vivanco
21056 (the cardbus version is called 21057). The description claims parallel
processing of DVB and analog signal with picture in picture resp.
split-screen capacity.

It has a combined DVB/Analog connector, an FM connector and one further
connector for a combined AV cable with connectors for Composite, S-Video,
Audio L/R and IR Remote. The card doesn't have a second Composite input,
contrary to what TVTime suggests, there is a connector on the card just next
to the AV connector, which seems to provide these interfaces, maybe for the
front panel.

I haven't bothered trying FM under Linux, but under XP it works. S-Video works
under Linux and XP. As mentioned earlier, analog works only for one frequency
which is Channel 12 (here: FAB)

Now for the chips: the big three Philips are (a slash indicates a new line)

- SAA7131E / CE0957 / S37513 / T-N05101
- TDA10046A / SA6724-1  06 / ZSG 05111
- 8275AC1 / P1M48 / 01 / cPG05131

The one you mentioned (between antenna and 8275):
- 4231 / 0761 / 433
it doesn't seem to be directly connected to the 8275. Rather to the 7131, but
I can't tell that exactly. I am not an expert.

Here's a few other chips
- top middle: LV4052 / AR245 / UnG05 / 12C
- a bit right, left of the TDA10046A: ATMEL 508 / 24C256N / ??U27 B
- right of the TDA10046A: RM18B / R133AL
- further down, just upper right to the 7131: ATMEL 516 / 24C02N / SU27 D
- to the right, at the right edge: PIC16C505 / -041/SL / 050838A
- further down: LD1117A / L33ASA, further left (left of the 7131) there is
another one

Hopefully this information is of any use to you.

Kind regards
Werner