KWorld Digital DVB-S 100 - Locking Problems

Hi all, haven't been following the list for the past 2 weeks, been a bit busy, however I have a problem...

*If you don't feel like reading my monologue, skip to the bullet points*

I bought a KWorld Digital DVB-S 100 PCI card as a replacement for my POS DVB-T card. I checked to see if it's supported, it was, and nobody was reporting any real problems, so I went ahead and bought one.

Anyway, things were going pretty smooth (card detection went fine, drivers were fine (well I'll correct that in a minute :), scanning for channels went fine), until it came to the point of actually *watching* TV, the card just won't lock successfully. I'm in the UK and have had SKY for a while. So I know my dish alignment and etc.. are fine (had sky for over 3 years, never had a hiccup in the signal, and the digibox reports '60%' for both signal strength and signal/noise ratio)

I'm using MythTV (surprise), and the card gets a 'partial' lock (L_S is what's reported by myth), but the signal strength info seems a bit off the wall (97% strength, 4.8dB signal/noise). Scanning for the channels went fine, it found pretty much everything (although a lot is encrypted, but I'm only worried in the FTA stuff anyway).

I read a post somewhere saying that something changed between kernel's 2.6.17 and 2.6.18, stopping the card from locking unless there was excellent signal strength. I'm running ubuntu 7.04, so the kernel's well past 2.6.18.

*End Monologue*

Tuning fails (Myth L_S partial lock):
1. Can't be the dish setup, Sky's been fine for years
2. Could be my configuration, but doubt it (myth's pretty easy to setup)
3. Channel scanning works fine, so the card's definitely getting reception
4. Read some some other post about a change between kernel's 2.6.17/2.6.18, something about only getting lock with strong signals, but was fine before 2.6.18
5. Running Ubuntu 7.04 - Drivers seem fine

I was wondering whether anybody had some info on this, e.g. whether it's a known issue, is there a flag I just need to set, anything would be good :P

Thanks in advance, James Buckley