Re: removal em28xx from linuxtv.org

>since I officially take care about the latest Empia em28xx code I want
>to get that project removed from linuxtv.org.
>Mauro already broke some parts in the incomplete inkernel linux driver.
>Since the few developers here who cannot just shut their mouth and
>accept others work I don't see another way out.
>I will rebase the code a last time and add a binary module interface
>to the em28xx driver to allow the usage of proprietary dvb-t demod and
>tuner code from userspace. Mauro is probably aware of wasting my time,
>and the 3-4 other people who are against 1 1/2 years of work which has
>been done are probably aware either of it.
>
>I will stop any further cooperation with that project since I simply
>don't have the time for all these useless flamewars with people who
>don't know it better.
>
>If opensource isn't entirely possible because of a flawed community
>it's better to go binary.

Hi, I don't want to comment on the reasons, why or what.

>From a user's point of view, the 2 projects have a huge overlapping
and common code.
If I wanted to use them both, would I run into a nightmare, or is it
going to be easy?
Will em28xx still be merged into the kernel? Will I be able to pull
em28xx from that project and everything else from linuxtv.org (or the
official kernel)?

Sorry, if I'm a bit selfish...

Cheers