Re: Any interest in AF9015

Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Nick Andrew wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> DigitalNow have offered me a USB stick for linux driver-writing
>> purposes, containing an AF9015. They say they can get specs under
>> NDA, if required.
>>
>> Is anybody interested in writing a device driver for this beastie
>> and/or already working on one?  I'm not up to writing a new driver
>> from scratch, but if the AF9015 is similar to the AF9005 and if
>> the AF9005 driver is stable, I might be able to modify that.
>>
>> Nick.
>>

> There has been some discussion on the AF9015
> <http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-March/016377.html>
> <http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-March/016846.html>
>
> I bought one of these devices, with MSWindows Software, and joined the
> list in the hope of finding a driver. Though writing a driver is outside
> my experience, I would be happy to help with testing and maybe even
> documentation/webpages.
>
> Marghanita

There is a mostly operation driver that Antti Palosaari has written.
It's not finished as far as I know but he had it working to the point
where he could watch tv using it. In it's current state it only works
with the mt2060 tuner, whereas the dongle I have uses the qt1010 tuner.
I'm planning on adding support for my tuner when I get a chance. I don't
think the signal strength reporting and the like are working yet,
although I'm not sure as I haven't tried it.
I'll let Antti post the driver on the list if he wants, it's not mine to
share as such. I'm sure he'll chip in soon enough. ;)

*Andrew Leech
*

This message and any attachments may be confidential.
Please notify the sender immediately if you received this message in error.
Please do not delete or alter this notice.