[RFC | PATCHES] dibusb-mb / dvb-pll: TESTERS NEEDED!

I have finalized the 'removal of static dependencies on the dvb-pll
module' changesets, but had to change some things inside the dvb-pll
framework in the process.  See my "dvb-pll" tree for the topmost changesets:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/dvb-pll

One of my earlier patches, entitled, "dibusb-mb: convert pll handling to
properly use dvb-pll", has broken the 'tuner_pass_ctrl' functionality of
the dib3000mb frontend, used in the dibusb-mb devices.

I have repaired this broken functionality, by assigning the
tuner_pass_ctrl operation to the i2c_gate_ctrl callback in the dib3000mb
frontend_ops structure, in the changeset:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/dvb-pll/rev/b86d4bb804aa (dibusb-mb: fix
broken 'tuner_pass_ctrl' functionality)

I need users of the dvb-usb-dibusb-mb.ko module to test the tree, above,
and confirm that the driver still works properly.

Please clone:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/dvb-pll

Please report your experiences in this thread.

Mauro has also requested that I collect Ack's from all relevant dvb
driver maintainers on the "remove static dependencies on dvb-pll"
changeset, before we merge it into the master branch.  So, please, if
you wish to give your Ack, reply with it inside this thread.

The changesets that we're testing are:

- dvb-pll digitv dvb-usb:  Eliminate last user of dvb_pll_configure
- dvb-usb: kill unused tuner/i2c functions
- dibusb-mb: fix broken 'tuner_pass_ctrl' functionality
- dvb: Remove static dependencies on dvb-pll

 dvb/b2c2/Kconfig            |    2
 dvb/b2c2/flexcop-fe-tuner.c |    4 -
 dvb/bt8xx/Kconfig           |    2
 dvb/bt8xx/dvb-bt8xx.c       |    2
 dvb/dvb-usb/Kconfig         |    9 +-
 dvb/dvb-usb/cxusb.c         |   10 +--
 dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb-common.c |    2
 dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mb.c     |   35 ++++++++--
 dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb.h        |    1
 dvb/dvb-usb/digitv.c        |   35 +++++++---
 dvb/dvb-usb/digitv.h        |    4 +
 dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-i2c.c   |   81 -------------------------
 dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb.h       |   11 ---
 dvb/dvb-usb/opera1.c        |    2