Re: ADSTech Mini DualTV Hybrid Analog-DVB-T USB stick

On Monday 11 June 2007 09:20:37 Nicolas Will wrote:
> Well, I have not met the expected success.
>
> So, here is what I have done, once I have connected the antenna that
> came with the tuner (short stick, nothing like a roof antenna, which may
> be a reason for the current failure):
>
>      1. Open Kaffeine
>      2. go to the DVB menu
>      3. search on is set to "AUTO", offset is 0
>      4. start scan
>      5. -> get no channel
>      6. Change the search to uk-Durris, which is supposed to be by
>         emitter for Aberdeen, Scotland
>      7. Scan again
>      8. -> get no channel
>      9. redo both scans on AUTO and uk-Durris with all offsets set (0,
>         +167, -167)
>     10. -> get no channel
>
> Most of the time the "Lock" indicator is green, rarely off.

That's because the lock signal is currently faked, i.e. it will always
indicate a correct "lock".

> I have some messages from syslog and kaffeine that I will paste at the
> end of the message.
>
> I'll test anything and can provide any additional information asked.

What I can tell you from personal experience is that the short stick antenna
is *not* sufficient to receive DVB-T correctly in my place (uk-WinterHill).
You could try to connect a roof antenna to your stick and then see whether
you can get a correct reception in Windows. And after that is working you
could try it out in Kaffeine.

Thanks,

Michel